POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ruined place : Re: Ruined place Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:16:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ruined place
From: Jim Charter
Date: 3 Feb 2008 08:07:22
Message: <47a5bc8a@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:

> I wondered if I could get something decent with this (agate) pattern. Bozo
> might work better indeed, in combination maybe with boxed, to take the seams
> into account. Which reminds me that I also wanted to experiment here with
> your excellent Stained Stones macro. That will be another path to explore
> more fully.

I also put some time into a 'dribbles' effect, you know tracing a path
of trickles of liquid, responding to surface normals to deflect the
flow.  It stalled because of artifacting in the blob components I was
applying but maybe I'll go back to it.  Combined with the 'object'
pattern it might be usable for what you are doing or similar.  I was
using it to put 'ritual materials' onto my African fetish objects.